For all of you out there who were jostled out of bed this morning by shock waves from the earthquake in Wakayama, I would like to remind you that Berlitz has, at long last, in response to union demands, come up with Health and Safety procedures to deal with emergency situations. Among the procedures outlined is training in how to escape from the building, and how to lead customers out. So far, only managers have been given this training. The union has asked HR whether or not all employees will have a chance to participate in some kind of disaster preparation practice, but have not received a clear response. For obvious reasons, we believe that such training is urgently needed; please join us in demanding that HR demonstrate their concern for our safety by providing PAID training to all employees.
- Officer Election Results
- Safety Drills for All Employees
- Berlitz Teacher Certification- Why?
- Berlitz union wins raise, bonus in suit settlement (Japan Times)
- recent action, Union Assembly 11/18
- Q&A with Management Re: Instructor Certification
- Unfurling a banner on Monday the 3rd
- Collection of references to BEGUNTO in newspapers
- upcoming events (August-September)
- upcoming events (July and August 2012)